Scott and I were able to get away for a couple of days. Since we've moved up here we haven't been to San Francisco so we decided that we were going to go for our birthdays. The first thing Scott wanted to do was walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. Um, you wanna do what? I hate bridges. I hate bridges. I hate bridges. If you didn't know I hate bridges, well, I hate bridges. My family thinks I'm nuts. I can't believe he wanted to walk across with me. I was ready for him to go by himself but he wouldn't have anything to do with that.
They even had signs up so I couldn't turn around. I htink Scott planned it that way.
I'm only going to look up. Not down. Not over or across.
Ok, so maybe across. Alcatraz from the bridge.
View of the city from the bridge.
Looking up to the top.
My honey enjoying the view from the side.
Sea lions playing down below.
Hm. Either they think people are really skinny and can fit through there or they want you to jump off the bridge.
Few! We made it across and back. My heart raced so much I think it took 10 years off of my life.
Chinese take out boxes hanging from the wires in China Town.
AT&T Park. Giants and the Rockies were playing. We almost went but thought we'd fall asleep watching so we went to Pier 39.
Who ever thinks the calm chowder in San Fran is better than Splash in Pismo needs to be evaluated. This stuff was very disappointing.
Alcatraz from the Pier
Another shot, just not so close.
Golden Gate from Pier 39
While we were spending time on Pier 39 we went to the aquarium. They had some pretty awesome jelly fish.
You can't tell from just one picture. They had a light that changed colors at the top and what ever color it changed, so did the jelly fish.
Little ones. Teryn calls these squishies.
There isn't much to a jelly fish but they are cool to watch.
Huge star fish. That's Scott's hand.
School of fish
This guy was huge. He was about 4 feet long.
My hand with another star fish.
Its a Scott fish!
Another school of fish.
Scott giving a shark a belly scratch.
He has a cute face.
After we walked around and shopped on Pier 39 we drove down Lombard St. When we got to the bottom we had to be like the rest of the tourist and get out of the car to take a picture.
Another view of Alcatraz from the city.
Saturday morning we drove down to San Jose to go visit the Winchester Mystery Museum. We couldn't take pictures inside for copy right reasons. It was a crazy house. The lady, Sarah, was only 4'8" so you had to duck in a lot of the hallways and staircases. The stairs weren't your normal stairs they were called easy risers that were only an inch or two high from each other. Windows inside cause she added rooms on leaving the existing wall. Doors that had a wall behind because of poor planning. Staircases that led to no where. There was even a door that when opened it led to outside with no stairs or balcony on the other side. This was on the second floor. She was a very superstitious person so she had 13 of a lot in the house. Windows in rooms, jewels in stain glass windows, stairs, daisy's in the wood work, daisy's in the wall paper, candles in the chandelier, pipes on the pipe organ. She even had a seance room so she could keep the spirits away. It was a crazy house.
Mrs. Winchester isn't buried here but this is a replica of her tombstone. Size and all.
Front of the house
One of the fountians
The door that leads to nowhere from the second story.
View from the side.
We had a blast. Even though we wanted to be back with the kids we weren't ready to go back home just yet. Vacations are just too short.









No comments:
Post a Comment